Our challenge to you is to establish a library in your neighborhood wherever you may be!
Our definition of a library is not a physical library, but rather a place where children enjoy being read to and where they can have access to stories that are age appropriate, exciting and fun. Libraries and reading sessions can be in community centers, nearby parks or religious centers; anywhere that is accessible, clean and safe.
If you are passionate about reading, and want to be a change maker in your community and part of a movement that started small and is spreading all over the world, all you will have to do is:
- Promote a reading session in your local community in any way that you feel most appropriate and efficient.
- Select age appropriate stories (ages of children 4-10) • Raise funds to purchase first set of stories (20 books are enough)
- Choose a public space to read aloud.
- Start reading to Kids!
- Post your library’s activities online using social media where everyone can share ideas and stay connected. (At this stage, we would love for you to share your activities and links on our “We Love Reading” facebook page.)
- Have consistent reading sessions • Encourage others to start libraries in their area
Our goal and vision is to have a library in every neighborhood throughout the world! To break it down we have set our objective to have at least 1000 libraries distributed throughout the world by the year 2015, where We Love Reading model is in every country.