Catalysis change week May 3-7, 2021
Connect Celebrate Accelerate
Session: hallmarks of successful networks
May 4, 2021
1.Rana Dajani (We Love Reading, SASTA, OWSD, R4T), 2. Tonya Blowers (OWSD), 3. Ahmad Jadallah (Phi Science Institute) 4. Kleinsy Bonilla (OWSD Guatemala)
In a COVID-19 world there is a need to work together in teams across the globe. Many networks start but are not successful. In this session we will share examples of successful networks and explore what contributes to them, and what challenges they face.
Link to session on YouTube:
In order for networks to be successful:
- foster a sense of belonging in the members.
- Members should have the freedom to do what they want in the network
- Knowing the members well. What are the value preposition for them
- A facilitated leadership vision with strong strategic communication to inspire and motivate
- Rotation of leadership
Structure of network
- Learning from biology: communities in nature
- Tension between hierarchy and structure versus loose flexible and organic networks. (a spectrum from business like to social movement)