In association with the “Lessons from the field: Confronting the challenges of health research in humanitarian crises ” collection in BMC Public Health and Conflict and Health, Fogarty’s Center for Global Health Studies (CGHS) hosted an online launch event in May 2021.
The sessions highlighted several cases studies from the collection and stimulated discussion around the field of humanitarian health research. Recordings feature presentations and discussion from case study authors, Steering Committee members, and experts in the field.
Collection of Case Studies: Please find the articles from the featured collection on this landing page, hosted by Conflict and Health and BMC Public Health, as well as an introductory paper that provides a guide to the full collection.
An introduction to the collection including presentations by four different authors and discussion on the unique challenges encountered and strategies employed to conduct health research in varying crises contexts globally.
- Brandon Kohrt, George Washington University (Moderator)
- Bachera Aktar, BRAC James P Grant School of Public Health, BRAC University [Related publication ]
- Rana Dajani, Hashemite University [Related publication ]
- Lara Ho, International Rescue Committee
- Denisse Vega Ocasio, Emory University [Related publication ]
- May 17, 2021 – Day 1: Lessons from the field: Confronting the challenges of health research in humanitarian crises